Today most of our documents, data are created, stored and processed in a computer. As such, we often need our files to backup or exchange. Internet is obviously the most convenient way to do that. But, most of us still rely on offline media like CD/DVD and external storage drive. Windows come with in-built CD/DVD burner but that is very limited in features. CDRWIN 10 from Engelmann Media is a convenient solution if you are looking for a powerful but easy to use CD, DVD, Blu-Ray burner. According to the developer,
CDRWIN 10 is concentrated and proven burning power for your CD-, DVD- and / or Blu-ray-writer with a diabolically new and modern interface, which offers the most important functions quickly and clearly arranged. It is equipped with state-of-the-art technology providing reliability, velocity, comprehensive functionality and a straightforwardness that directly leads to success.
System Requirements of CDRWIN 10
- Windows XP(SP3)/Vista/7/8 (both 32- and 64 bit)
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray compatible burner
- 512MB RAM, 1 GB RAM recommended
- Pentium processor
- An MP3-codec cannot be supplied for licence reasons and has already to be installed on the system. Supported are the MP3-codecs of the Windows Media Player 10/11/12 and the freeware LAME (lame_enc.dll).
Detailed CDRWIN 10 Features
- Direct copy of data-CDs/DVDs (incl. computer games) and audio-CDs.
- Burning and creation of ISO-, BIN- and XMD-images as well as Cue-Files.
- Authoring of Orange Book-compatible data-CDs (CD-ROM, CD-ROM/XA) as well as data-DVDs and Blu-ray discs. Also suitable for creation of MP3- and h.264/MPEG-4-CDs/ DVDs & Blu-ray discs.
- Automatic setting of the platform-overlapping ISO 9660-file system and the Windows Joliet file system for display of long file names and complex directory structures.
- Authoring of Red Book-compatible audio-CDs (CD-DA) in Disc-at-Once-mode with manually adjustable track breaks and CD-Text.
- Support of Disc at Once (very important e.g. for standard-compliant creation of audio-CDs and when copying from CDs/DVDs), Track at Once (important in case data-CDs are to be extended retroactively) and Session at Once (CD-extra).
- Ripping of audio-CDs in MP3/WMA or WAV. Supports the reading of CD-Text, freedb.org and the manual input of title information.
- freedb-data can be edited and are stored locally in a cache.
- UDF support for burning DVD structures.
- Fast or complete deletion of re-writable media.
- Caching system for optimization of system configuration and guarantee of safe burning procedure.
- Support of all known blank CD sizes from 21 to 99 minutes length, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD DL, DVD-RAM, BD-R and BD-RW. Overburning of CD-Rs is also possible.
- Support of various techniques for buffer under-run protection, e.g. BurnProof.
- Multi-Session support for data discs.
- Audio- and data projects can be stored and loaded.
- Retroactive finalizing of CD/DVDs/Blu-ray discs possible.
- Future-proof: automatic support for new burners. More than 1000 burners tested successfully, among others Acer, ACTIMA, AOpen, APACHI, ARTEC, ASUS, BTC, Compaq, CenDyne (Verbatim), Creative Labs, Cyberdrive, CyQ’ve, Delta, DynaTec, Dysan, Freecom, Fujitsu Siemens, Goldstar, Grundig, Hewlett-Packard (HP), Hightech, Hi-Val, Imation, Iomega, JVC, Kodak, LaCie, LG, Lifetec, Lite-On, Media FORM, Medion, Memorex, Mem-Up, Micro Solutions, Microboards of America, MicroNet Technology, Mitsubishi, Mitsumi, Mustek, Nec, Olympus, Optima, OTI, Pacific Digital, Panasonic (Matsushita), Philips, Pinnacle, Pioneer, Plasmon, Plextor, Procom Technology, QPS, R-Quest, Ricoh, Samsung, Sanyo, Smart & Friendly, Sony, Taiyo Yuden, TDK, Teac, Terratec, Tevion; That’s write, Toshiba, Traxdata, Turtle Beach, Waitec, Wearnes, Yamaha etc… CDRWIN 10 probably works with any drive that is presently on the market. Even a large number of old drives that were released before 1998 should be supported.
- Supports ATAPI-, SCSI-, SATA-, Firewire- and USB-drives.
- CDRWIN 10 is not able to copy DRM-protected audio-CDs, DVD-videos and single DRM-protected audio files.
- Includes an ASPI driver for Windows.
- Incl. ATIP and ADIP-display.
- Incl. sector viewer of discs.
- Support for Drag & Drop.
CDRWIN 10 Pricing
CDRWin is not freeware. You need to purchase a license to continue using the software beyond its evaluation period. A license costs $ 24.99.
CDRWIN 10 evaluation period is normally 7 days but can extend the time period to 21 days by free registration. You will be automatically subscribed to Engelmann Media email newsletters after registration. Newsletters can be cancelled any time following proper links in the emails. Evaluation version of CDRWIN 10 can be purchased from the following link.